Vacancy Duty Representative NBSO in Valencia
The importance of Spain for the Netherlands has increased significantly from an economic point of view and there is a continuous growth in the interest from Dutch companies for Spain. The Netherlands Economic Network Spain would like to foster this enhanced interest and therefore strengthen its network with a temporary position to further explore and elaborate market potential in Valencia and in addition support day-to-day activities. The main focus will be to provide support to Dutch businesses that want to explore market opportunities and to work on strategic alliances with Valencian partners in areas where The Netherlands and Spain can cooperate, such as green hydrogen and digitalization. Therefore, a broad network for key sectors for The Netherlands needs to be built cq further developed. In addition, provide support to day-to-day operations and support events and incoming delegations.
|Job title:||Deputy Representative – fpn 64163058|
|Mission:||Dutch embassy in Madrid, Spain|
|Department:||NBSO (Netherlands Business Support Office) Barcelona|
|Job level:||Scale 7|
|Number of hours:||37.5 hours a week (fulltime) position|
|Temporary position:||September 1st, 2023 – August 31th, 2025|
- Identify and proactively act upon market opportunities in Spain;
- Proactively gathering, processing and sharing relevant market information and developments;
- Reporting these opportunities for export or investments to Dutch companies or institutions;
- Advising Dutch companies with market and entrepreneurial knowledge with regards to their interest in the Spanish market.
- Setting-up and expanding a network of contacts to obtain information on local and regional developments and making it available to Dutch companies and authorities;
- Organizing promotional and informational activities, such as seminars, visits and webinars but also incoming delegations, economic trade missions, visitor programs and events;
- Proactively contribute to and improve the communication strategy of the Economic Network Spain:
- Communicate opportunities and market developments on the digital trade office - www.handelmetspanje.com and social media channels;
- Continuous focus on improvements of the actual communication strategy.
- Registering and reporting on activities:
- Register business support and contacts in the RVO Achilles database;
- Preparing quarterly reports on the overall Valencia project in order to measure progress.
- Support and contribute to day-to-day business and (digital) trade support activities.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Higher professional education, preferably in the area of (international) business development;
- Knowledge of and affiliation with the local and regional economy of Spain and The Netherlands - relevant working experience, in a Spanish or international enterprise is a requirement;
- Networking abilities - proactive and social communicative skills to set up and broaden networks. Established network with local and regional authorities is a plus;
- Entrepreneurial spirit - energetic goal-getter, performing duties with a considerable level of independence and seniority, while at the same time working closely together with colleagues of the Economic Network Spain and the Honorary Consul in the Valencia region;
- Affinity with the tech and startup sector and up to date on trends in digital and technological fields;
- Result and service oriented - being able to identify relevant market and sector knowledge and translate this into action when responding to trade inquiries.
- Used to working with digital tools. Knowledge on website management, video editing or graphic design is a plus.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Spanish and English - command of written and spoken Dutch, Catalan or Valenciano is a plus;
- Ability to communicate in an adequate manner with local authorities.
- Proven experience in logistical and organizational tasks and event organization;
- Teamwork, proactive and transparent work and communication style;
- Management sensitivity and Integrity;
- Prepared to travel to Barcelona and Madrid regularly.
About the Netherlands Business Support Office (NBSO)
NBSO Barcelona is an official Dutch trade office in Spain. It is part of the Netherlands Economic Network Spain together with the Embassy of the Kingdom of The Netherlands in Madrid and Honorary Consuls. The Economic Network Spain (NBSO Barcelona, Economic and Agricultural Departments in Madrid) focuses primarily on supporting Dutch entrepreneurs – in particular small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) – in their orientation and approach of the Spanish market with services, information and contacts. Its activities are primarily directed at Catalonia and Aragón however for this specific project the focus will be broadened to the Valencia region. The team is currently made up of a Chief Representative (CR) and a Deputy Representative (DR). Besides being connected to the NL Economic Network in Spain, NBSO Barcelona is part of a network of 22 NBSO’s worldwide financed by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and administered by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) in The Netherlands.
|Workweek:||37.5 hours a week - fulltime|
|Salary scale:||7 (as of: 2.803 euros gross per month –14th payments a year)|
|Start date:||01st of September 2023|
|End date:||31st of August 2025|
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Spain offers a Spanish full-time, permanent employment contract, a Spanish identification number (DNI or NIE) as well as a Spanish Social security number are required. It concerns a local position with corresponding salary and employment conditions of the Dutch Embassy in Spain. Working conditions are according to Spanish laws and regulations, regulations of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Legal Status Regulations for Local Employees 2020 (RLW 2020), established by the Minister of Foreign Affairs as well as the related postal elaboration for Spain (Puw).
How to apply:
Interested candidates can send their application letter, résumé (CV) and two references to the Netherlands Business Support Office Barcelona by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: The vacancy is open, within the embassy, until the 31th of May 2023, 12.00 hrs. Applications received passed the deadline will not be considered.
Contact: For more information regarding the position, please contact Lotte Engels: