Vacancy - Project manager energy transition/renewable hydrogen
The importance of Spain for the Netherlands has increase enormously from an economic and political point of view and there is a growing interest from the Netherlands in seeking collaboration with Spain in key areas and vice versa.
Spain is a fast-growing economy that is fully committed to use the Next Generation EU funds to innovate its industry in the coming years to enable digitization and sustainability and thus make the Spanish (and European) economy more resilient. Example of an area in which Spain will deploy funds in the coming years is renewable hydrogen through major strategic projects, that benefit open strategic autonomy and climate goals at a national and EU level.
As an embassy, we see the many opportunities this entails for the Netherlands and want to seize the momentum to position the Netherlands as a highly qualified, innovative and sustainable partner and to identify and capitalize on these opportunities. In fact, Spain and the Netherlands have recently signed a Government-to-Government Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote the cooperation regarding the development of green hydrogen maritime corridors between both countries.
Establishment post no. :
Medewerkers EA - 64129424
scale 7 (7.0-7.2)
Number of hours:
Temporary 2-year position: start date 15the of June / 1ste of July 2023
Our objectives are:
- Increasing the visibility of NL as an innovative front runner in the field of sustainable energy/climate solutions, with special attention to renewable hydrogen.
- Build up knowledge and expand local network and connect with Dutch companies and institutions.
- Identifying opportunities for cooperation between Dutch and Spanish companies that will arise in the coming years because of green investments in amongst others renewable hydrogen.
- Development of long-term strategy to capitalize on opportunities and follow-up of the signing of the MoU ‘Cooperation in the field of renewable hydrogen’ on 20 February as well as the results of a sector study renewable hydrogen expected to be presented in the framework of the World Hydrogen Summit in Rotterdam in May 2023.
- Securing knowledge and network in the embassy in order to be of service to the Dutch business community.
STAFF MEMBER PROFILE
The embassy therefore seeks a project manager who is able to:
- Follow-up on the cooperation between Spain and the Netherlands fostered by the G2G MoU and MoU’s that have been signed in the private sector, and translate the knowledge gathered at the embassy through the sector study and the network built up until now with Spanish and NL companies, (national/local) governments and research institutes into a long-term strategy to identify opportunities for NL;
- Follow-up on identified opportunities by means of organizing seminars/events, incoming and outgoing missions/visits from the business community and authorities;
- Coordinate flows of information from various sources in an effective and timely manner and use the information to write excellent reports for stakeholders in The Hague, as well as for the Digital Trade Office (https://www.handelmetspanje.nl) and use our social media channels to get our message across;
- Act as a matchmaker for companies and government stakeholders in the Netherlands and Spain;
- Is knowledgeable about energy transition/climate developments;
- Is an energetic goal-getter, performing its duties with a considerable level of independence and seniority while at the same time working closely together with its colleagues;
- Is eager to assist Dutch companies aiming to become active in Spain;
- Is a good networker, hands-on and creative in organizing visits and matchmaking.
- Is someone who feels responsible for its work, is well-organized; a team player, pro-active, service minded, flexible, stress resistant.
- Has affinity with social media/digital tools, and knows how to adapt communication styles depending on the target audience.
- Write reports for stakeholders in the Netherlands about relevant developments as well as for the Digital Trade Office (https://www.handelmetspanje.com);
- Increase awareness of opportunities in Spain for Dutch public and private stakeholders;
- Make a selection, in coordination with (consortia of) Dutch companies, of the most promising projects and jointly develop a multi-year positioning process;
- Contribute to initiate and organize trade promotion activities to inform, interest and position Dutch companies for relevant developments and projects such as seminars/webinars, missions, exhibition visits, matchmaking and signaling interesting tenders.
- Contribute to the organization of bilateral visits for political, business and/or civil service delegations (incoming/outgoing), including input for dossiers, seminars and presentations;
- Generate answers to questions from ministries in The Hague to the embassies regarding relevant energy themes, as well as to Dutch businesses regarding the Spanish market;
- Build and maintain a relevant network with the Dutch and Spanish government, business and academic stakeholders.
- Ensure a well-organized handover of all the knowledge and the network built, as well as the obtained results, to the embassy after finalizing the 2-year project.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Higher professional/vocational level and relevant work experience;
- General understanding of EU, Spanish and NL policy making, its public administration and working methods;
- Knowledge of and relevant experience with energy/climate developments on EU and national Spanish (and preferably also Dutch) level;
- Knowledge of both the Spanish and Dutch economy and business environments, experience with doing business in Spain.
- Excellent communication skills vis-à-vis third parties, including at senior level;
- Strong written, speaking and presentation skills;
- Proven experience in logistical and organizational tasks;
- Excellent command of the Spanish language (verbally and written level C2);
- Very good command of the English language (verbally and written level B2)
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is a plus;
- Affinity with digital tools/social media.
- political sensitivity
- analytical skills
- ability to communicate in writing
- ability to plan and organise
- client orientation
The embassy represents Dutch interests in Spain. The core tasks of the are in the fields of politics, economics and trade, consular business public information, press and culture, and cooperation in the field of security and defense. The embassy reports on the political and economic situation in Spain, monitors Spanish government policy and propagates Dutch perspectives. To this end, the embassy maintains a broad network of representatives of the government, business communities and civil society.
The economic department monitors macroeconomic developments and reforms in Spain and Spain's position in the EU that are relevant to the Netherlands and reports on them. In addition it focuses, in collaboration with the agricultural department of the embassy and the Netherlands Business Support Office (NBSO) in Barcelona, on promoting trade between the Netherlands and Spain. The team consists of a department head and two permanent employees. The team is supported by a secretariat and occasionally an intern is part of the team. The project manager contributes to the various relevant activities. The work package largely depends on the current situation and is established in close consultation with your colleagues.
37.5 hours a week - fulltime
7: 7.0 (2,803) - 7.1 (2,896) - 7.2 (2,990) euros gross per month - 14 payment a year
15th of June / 1ste of July 2023
14th of June / 31ste of June 2025
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Spain offers a Spanish full-time, permanent employment contract, a Spanish identification number (DNI or NIE), as well as a Spanish Social security number are required. It concerns a local position with corresponding salary and employment conditions of the Dutch Embassy in Spain. Working conditions are according to Spanish laws and regulations, regulations of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Legal Status Regulations for Local Employees 2020 (RLW 2020), established by the Minister of Foreign Affairs as well as the related postal elaboration for Spain (Puw).
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application letter, your résumé (CV) and two references to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Spain by email to:
Deadline: 08th of May 2023, before 13.00 o’clock. Applications received passed the deadline will not be considered.
Interviews will take place in the week of 22nd of May 2023For more information regarding the position, please contact: