The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Lima is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Trade and Business Development Officer. Application deadline: May 20 2018.
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Lima is seeking an eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Trade and Business Development Officer.
Division / Mission: Lima
Weekly working hours: 37,625 (Monday till Friday)
- The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is a regional Embassy with a resort that includes Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia.
- The promotion of Dutch exports, investments and business development is a key task.
- The Trade and Business Development Officer is responsible for the analysis, development and implementation of policies, programmes and projects in the following priority sectors: water, logistics (including sustainable port development) and sustainable cities.
- The Sustainable Development Goals are guiding principles.
TASKS AND RESULT AREAS
- Analysis and knowledge acquisition in the above-mentioned priority sectors in Peru as well in the Netherlands.
- Building up and maintaining a relevant network in both the private and public sector in Peru and the Netherlands.
- Respond independently to trade related questions and registration in the global business database (Achilles).
- Proactively identify, assess and promote business opportunities for Dutch businesses in the public and private sector in the priority sectors.
- Organize and support business events (seminars, missions, matchmaking events, etc.).
- Promote the Dutch business sector in general (‘Holland Branding’).
- Provide support to trade officers in Bolivia and Ecuador in the priority sectors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Level of education: University Degree (BA or MA degree).
- Professional Experience: a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- A thorough understanding of and experience in trade and business development.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with private sector in the Netherlands or Peru in sectors of water or logistics (including sustainable port development) or sustainability.
- Demonstrable affinity with the Netherlands.
- An excellent command of the Spanish language, good knowledge of the English language. Written as well as spoken. Command of Dutch is highly recommended.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Analytically as well as pragmatically minded.
- Flexible and prepared to work in the evenings and on weekends.
THE MAIN REQUIRED COMPETENCES
- Planning and organizing.
- External focus.
- Result oriented
If you are interested, please send your motivation letter and CV addressed to the Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Wiebe de Boer to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than May 20, 2018.
Applications received after this date, will not be taken into consideration. If you have any questions, please send them to email@example.com
* * * *